Content type management
Content type is the type of information that you would like to present on your website. For example, you would like to have News content on your website. Then you can define the content type News with the elements Title, Body and Author.
Content type definition will generate the content input form and list page.
To add a new content type, first click on Database and then click on Content type. Now click on the Create button to create a new content type.
In the Create content type screen, first fill in an unique name for your content type. Then click on Create field to add a field to your content type. Information regarding embedded content can be found in the Embedded content type document.
You can add as many fields as you like.
A content type can have the following basic information:
- Name: Name of your field, excludes the following characters:\/:*?<>|
- Label: Descriptive label of your field on the content editing page
- ControlType: The way that you would like to input your content. For example, a textbox, dropdownlist or other control types.
- DataType: In what form your information should be stored.
- Default value: The initial value when you are adding a new content item.
- Order: Order of this field in the content editing page
- Primary field: Primary fields will be used as a title or summary to describe your content item
- Content list page:Show this field in the CMS content list page
The Advanced tab contains the following informaiton:
- Tooltip: Input tip while users entering content
- Length: The max string length of this field value
- AllowNull: allows null value in this field.
- Modifiable: Enable the modification of this field in the content editing page.
- Indexable: Include this field in the Lucene.NET full text search index.
The Validation tab contains rules you can define to validate data before submission. Click the add icon to add as many rules as you like.
Embedded content type
Embedded content type is used to embed other contents within current content. If you would like to make a relation between two contents, please use Category folder instead.
To embed another content type, in the content type adding page, select the embedded content type.
The embeded content shows as a seperated column in the content list page.
Double click on the Category(0) in above screen to add a new embedded content.
|Column name||Data type||Description|
|Id||String||Only enable on the relational database(SQLCe,SQLServer, MySQL, etc).|
|Repository||String||The database name of content data.|
|UserKey||String||The friendly unique key of the content.(Generate by the content Title field)|
|OriginalUUID||string||The original content uuid of the broadcast content.|
|OriginalRepository||string||The original content database name of the broadcast content.|
|OriginalFolder||string||The original content folder name of the broadcast content.|